Thursday, December 22, 2011

today is my friday!!!

Today is my last day of work before Christmas and I am PUMPED!!  Christmas came so quickly this year and i can't believe it is really this weekend!  The only problem with this weekend is that the gym is closed :-(  I know i know, get over it Lex!  I could always go for a run in this "winter" weather.  Or do plyos outside among the "winter" elements.  Gotta love GA!  

Anyways, I'm in such a good mood today.  Last night I went and subbed spin for the second time in what seems like FOREVER!  It was a really great class and I even had a girl come up to me and thank me for the music I used--I teach with all rock music :-).  After spin me and bf went to the mall to try to find my mom socks...that's what she wants more than anything for xmas...socks.  Well the mall turned up nothing so we went back to the apt and had protein pancakes for dinner YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!  

This morning we got up bright and early and hit the gym.  I fit in some shoulders yesterday but the LA fitness that I taught at it SO crowded that I wasn't able to finish.  This morning I finished up my shoulder workout, did some glutes, and then some HIIT cardio on the Stairmaster.  Let me tell you, HIIT on the stairmaster is NO joke!  

Some of you might be wondering what this acronym I am using means.  HIIT is high intensity interval training.  Basically it is the least boring cardio ever because you are constantly changing the speed or incline or something to keep your body working hard.  On the stairmaster I did 1 minute at level 5 and then 1 minute at level 12.  I ended up doing only 6 intervals like this but damn was I tired!  This kind of training really doesn't take long to make you sweat.  The last two intervals I decided to ramp it up to level 13 and 14 respectfully.  I was basically dripping by the time we left.

Tomorrow morning we're planning on doing legs.  Legs are my FAVORITE!  Most people--mainly men--hate doing legs.  I have no idea why.  YES they are hard, YES it hurts, YES you will have trouble walking for a few days after, and YES you will feel accomplished as hell!  I see no downside.  Either way, bf is learning to love doing legs too.  Since your legs are the biggest muscle group in your body, when you work them you are burning the most calories.  Another plus for squats and lunges!!  

Hope everyone has a great day!  I think it might be time to eat again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment