Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012!!!

Happy New Year everyone!! I know I'm about three days late but better late than never right?


I don't know how you guys started off your new year but I went DANCING!!!  Dancing is definitely one of my most favorite things to do.  I'm not really into the whole bar scene but put me in a club with some good music and I am happy as a clam!  Let me recap my new year's eve.


It all started last week when the bf and i were trying to figure out what to do for new years.  See he knows i LOVE to dance because we actually ended up dancing for a few hours the first night we met.  He tries to make it sound all romantic by saying we started dating that night after we had our first dance.  In theory it sounds so sweet until you hear the context--it was an after party for a wedding we both attended at a club in Milledgeville and our first dance was to the Ying Yang Twins or some equally talented musician.  Either way we most definitely love to dance together. 


We started looking up stuff online about new year's eve parties that were going on in Atlanta and seeing what our friends were doing.  We ended up finding a deal for tickets to Aja for $40 a piece.  This was a surprisingly good deal considering it said open bar and open food.  Little did we know that those two were complete BS.  


We got to Aja around 930 or so and learned of this BS about no open bar and no food.  Good thing we're normally bottomless pits and ate before we left.  In the spirit of the new year we decided to head to the bar for a drink.  I admit this night was definitely a cheat night so don't judge me!  


We get our drinks and start walking around scoping the place out.  The bf and I don't normally drink so we were feeling drink #1 pretty quickly and somehow decided drink #2 would be a good idea.  I give you, exhibit A:



Not real sure what happened with the light there but this is a very good depiction of how he was feeling after drink #1.

Anyways, so once it started getting later, the party really got started.  We saw a good bit of people we knew and talked to them but mostly we danced.  My feet were killing me by the end of the night because I was of course wearing heels.  But it was completely worth it!

We'd been dancing for a while at this point.

We left Aja around 2 after witnessing 2 fights, dancing the night away and sharing one hell of a kiss at midnight.  Although we were pretty irritated about the lack of open bar and food, we most likely would have paid for the tickets to Aja anyway if we had known that those weren't included.  Big fail to them though for the false advertising.  Oh yeah, and for this:


For those of you who can't tell, this is a row of porta-potties outside of Aja.  The restaurant itself only has single stall bathrooms so they made them both ladies' rooms and moved the men outside.  Keeping it classy!

After leaving the club we both realized we were starving--BIG SHOCK--so we decided on one of the only places open at this hour that we could count on--Waffle House.  I know, I know, please keep the shock to a minimum.  We decided Waffle House would be a good way to finalize our cheating day considering we won't be having very many in 2012. Plus, we had burned plenty of calories dancing to justify it.  YEAH....Right... ;-)

That was basically our NYE.  I can honestly say I have never had such a fun NYE and can't wait to go dancing again.  Bf and I decided it has to become a more regular occurrence.  



What did you do for NYE?




2 comments:

  1. OMG girl it totally was!!! What did u and the hubby do?

    ReplyDelete