Monday, January 16, 2012

life is a balancing act

Balance. Something we all strive for in life. Balance between school, work, family, friends, significant others, working out, relaxing, alone time, and everything else we try to cram into life. But how do we fit all of this stuff in?

I don't know how you guys do it but I know what I do--i get up REEEEEEEEEALLLLLLY early!

But seriously, I wanted to share with you guys what my typical week looks like and how I fit in being a full time law student, working, teaching spin, training for a bikini competition, eating healthy, and still managing to be a girlfriend to the bf and a daughter and sister.

Let's start with Monday. Today was NOT the typical Monday since I didn't have school or work, so we'll just look at my typical week. Monday starts BRIGHT and early--well not so bright considering it is dark @ 5am. The alarm goes off at 5 and I force myself and bf out of bed. We get ready as quick as possible that early and head to the gym for spin class, protein shakes in tow. (this is after consuming a preworkout to get the blood flowing) Spin is from 545-630 then we lift until we have to get home to get ready for work.

I work normally from 9-130 then head to the apt to take Bronson Bear out and to get ready for school. At this point I've already had a protein shake, breakfast, and another meal. I have class from 245-530 then home to do homework and eat and sleep. We're usually in bed by 9:00.

Tuesday is normally my day off from working out since I have class from 1030-900.

Wednesday is the same as Monday except I don't have class in the afternoon. I'll use this time to do homework, catch up on anything I hadn't finished, and try to relax a little on hump day.

Thursday is CRAZY in the morning. I get up and drive to Acworth to train with my trainer at 8am. I haul it back to the apt to get ready for school. Class from 1030-230 then home to start working on the work for the next week.

Friday--ahhh at last! Bf and i get up early to workout--or, depending on how exhausted we are from the week, we'll "sleep in" until about 645 (i have to be at work at 830) and we'll workout in the evening. I work until about 3-330 and then home for more homework/extra curricular school stuff/class prep/try to breathe. If we didn't workout that morning we'll go to the gym in the evening.

Saturday is never really predictable. I try to go home every weekend to see my parents and brother since I'm MIA all week. Sunday consists of training with my trainer at 1030, then boot camp--which i'm yet to attend, and prep food for the next week. Bf and I try to cook all of our meals for the week--with the exception of breakfast and normally dinner--that way we can just put meals into smaller tupperwares from the bigger tupperwares that were already in the fridge and head out for the day. I think we singlehandedly keep gladware/rubbermaid in business.

Somehow in all of this we each manage to eat between 5-8 times a day, communicate to one another through chat or text, and come home to each other without getting sick of one another. I think anyone who can handle my crazy schedule and still have a smile on his face when he sees me at home is a keeper :-)

What is your week like? How do you balance?

1 comment:

  1. Crazy and hectic. I have this gf that is always on the go. But you know what, she is amazing and I love every aspect of her life. Wouldn't change a thing

    ReplyDelete