Friday, March 16, 2012

One More Day!!!!

It's been forever since i've blogged and I am so sorry that i've royally sucked at keeping you all updated on my progress leading up to my show.  The day is almost here and I'm so ready!  

Now I am not going into this show with a perfect body, nor do I expect to win or even place--though either would be awesome--but I have learned so much along this journey so far and I am just ready to step on stage and see how it goes!

Let me tell you a little about what I've learned:

  • Not all diets work for all people--you need to find what works best for you and your body
    • I have been eating just about the SAME thing for the last one and a half months.  I varied it up a little bit on pure necessity when I went to Arnold in Ohio but have basically stuck to the same foods.  I've learned that for my next show, I need a little more variation in my food sources to cut fat for MY body.  This diet may work really well for some people and they swear by it, but this girl is going to need to change it up a bit and experiment in order to find what works best for me.
  • On that same token, when prepping for a show, it is important to listen to only ONE person.  If you start trying to incorporate what everyone suggests, you'll get confused, overwhelmed, and you won't be able to determine which is the best thing for you. 
    • I stuck to the regimen proscribed by my trainer and ignored other information.  Though some things I should have changed, I never would have learned what worked/didn't if I had tried a bunch of different stuff at one time.
  • Take progress pics 
    • These pics will definitely show you how your body is changing over time.  We tend to look at ourselves daily and think we don't see the changes.  Have pictures from months ago really can show how far you've come and your progress.  These should definitely help in keeping you motivated.  
  •  Stay confident in YOU!  Remember that getting on stage, especially the first time is NOT about winning.  It's about putting the body you have worked so hard to attain on stage and working it.  It doesn't matter if I win tomorrow, or even place.  i mean YEAH of course I'd love to, but the main thing for me is putting my hard work on display and showing people what I've worked for.  I know I have things I still need to/want to work on and I will always feel that way.  But i have committed myself these last 6 weeks and I am ready to show off my work.
  • Have an awesome support system! 
    • I know I could not do this competition without the support.  I just didn't expect the amount of support I would get!  I have had so many friends and family members cheering me on and supporting me in this that I didn't expect.  Whether you told me I was looking good, or that you're amazed that I have stuck to this diet, or anything you might have said to support me, it meant EVERYTHING!  You all kept me working hard, eating clean, and pushing forward.  When i didn't feel like I was seeing progress, your comments lifted me back up.  I want to thank every single one of you who has supported me in this journey!  And i can't wait to see you at the show (if you can make it)

I hope you all have a great day, a great weekend and Happy St. Paddy's Day!  What are you doing this weekend?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment